2018 Bobcat Chipper, 5A Standard Flow
Call for Price
Using a powerful disk chipping action, the chipper attachment continuously mulches materials - up to 5-in. in diameter - such as trees, limbs, branches, and saplings. The chipper attachment is ideal for tree removal, pruning services, municipalities, parks and recreation, rentals, and personal property maintenance.
Unlike pull-type chippers, the Bobcat® chipper attachment can perform chipping jobs virtually anywhere! The compact design of the chipper attachment can tackle tough terrain. And it operates in any environment where a loader can travel, allowing wood mulching right on site rather than having to haul wood somewhere else.
A hydraulic power feed allows the feed roller to move branches into the chipper at a constant speed. The chipper attachment breaks brush into small chips and discharges the chips through the discharge chute, which can be rotated 360-degrees for maximum angle positioning. Also, the discharged small chips decompose faster than branches or large chips.
The 5A chipper features a 5-in. feeder opening and chips material up to 3 in. in diameter. The 8B chipper offers even more versatility, with a 9-in. feeder that chips materials up to 5 in. in diameter.
- Mulch branches, trees and other debris
- Adjustable Deflector: Located on the discharge chute, the adjustable deflector reduces the distance chips are thrown from the attachment and deflects the chips into a desired work area, allowing for more control over discharged materials.
- Chipper Discharge Chute: Rotates 360-degrees, providing maximum angle position for discharging materials without having to reposition the chipper attachment. Adjustable deflector also helps direct chips in the desired direction.
- Chipper Disk: Made from 1.25" steel, the chipper disk provides heavy-duty strength when cutting heavy material, allowing the chipper attachment to maintain momentum while cutting.
- Dual Mounting Locations: Allow the intake housing to be mounted to either the front or right side of the machine, allowing the chipper attachment to accommodate different applications.
- Four Tool-Steel Blades: Positioned at different angles, the four blades provide optimum cutting performance while the tool-steel extends blade life. Blades are also reversible for twice the life between sharpening, decreasing maintenance time and maximizing productivity.
- Hydraulic Power Feed: Directs branches into the chipper attachment. The operator only needs to get the branches started, meaning overall reduced operator fatigue.
- Variable Speed Roller: Gives the operator the ability to set the initial feeding speed as well as distribute power between the feed roller and grinding wheel, providing maximum operator control.
- Remote Attachment Control (RAC) Kit: Operator can start the loader from the ground without entering or exiting the loader. Eliminates the need for a second operator in the loader.
- Operating Weight: 1145 lb
- Length: 102.3 in
- Width: 48 in
- Height: 92 in
- Blades: 4 reversible tool steel blades
- Continuous Chipping Size: Up to 3" diameter material
- Discharge Chute (Incl. End Deflector): Rotates 360 degrees
- Discharge Chute Height: 92 in
- Dual Mounting Locations: Front or right side of loader
- Feed Table Height: 23.5 in
- Feeder opening: 5 in
- Bobcat A770
- Bobcat S450
- Bobcat S550
- Bobcat S570
- Bobcat S595
- Bobcat S590
- Bobcat S630
- Bobcat S650
- Bobcat S740
- Bobcat S770
- Bobcat S850
- Bobcat T450
- Bobcat T550
- Bobcat T590
- Bobcat T595
- Bobcat T630
- Bobcat T650
- Bobcat T740
- Bobcat T750
- Bobcat T770
- Bobcat T870
- Bobcat 5610
- Bobcat 5600
- Chipping Capacity
- 5 in.