2019 STIHL FS 56 RC-E
Call for Price
A straight-shaft grass trimmer with a fuel-efficient engine and STIHL Easy2Start™.
More power, less emissions. The FS 56 RC-E trimmer features a high-performance, fuel-efficient engine that runs cleaner and smoother and provides about 5% more power than the FS 55 R. When it's not squeezing every last ounce of performance from its upright fuel tank, this straight-shaft grass trimmer keeps the weeds at bay, thanks to its AutoCut® cutting head. This STIHL trimmer also features our Easy2Start™ technology, making starting nearly effortless. And with its simple, reliable and convenient starting procedure with a momentary stop switch which automatically returns to the start position, this trimmer is always at the ready to get to work. For comfort, performance and maneuverability, this trimmer hits the sweet spot.
- Adjustable front handle: The front handle is easily adjustable (360-degree rotation) for comfort.
- Shoulder Strap / Carrying System: Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- High Tech Polymer Housing: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator's hand never has to leave the handle.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- STIHL Easy2Start™: The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine's compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Simplified Starting Procedure: To get started, simply pump the fuel primer, set the choke and pull the starter cord. The built-in stop switch allows the user to turn off the engine with a simple press of the button. When the engine is off, the throttle lock automatically returns to the “start" setting. Your power tool will be ready to be started when you're ready to get back to work.
- Displacement: 27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.8 kW (1.07 bhp)
- Weight*: 4.8 kg (10.6 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 340 cc (11.5 oz.)
- Cutting Swath: 16.5"
- Power Source: Gas
- Engine Type
- 1.07 bhp (0.8 kW)
- 1.66 cu. in. (27.2 cc)
- Cutting Width
- 16.5 in.
- 10.6 lb. (4.8 kg)