2019 STIHL FS 50 C-E
Call for Price
A fuel-efficient, low-emission trimmer with Easy2Start™ and an elongated shaft for taller users.
The STIHL FS 50 C-E is a lightweight trimmer that doesn't skimp on the features. This grass trimmer features a dependable, low-emission engine that is 20% more fuel efficient than our previous model (FS 46). It also features Easy2Start™ technology for quick, smooth starts, as well as our TapAction™, AutoCut® C 5-2 cutting head for faster line reloads. Combined with a longer shaft for tall users, this trimmer stands head and shoulders above the competition.
- Adjustable front handle: The front handle is easily adjustable (360-degree rotation) for comfort.
- Simplified Starting Procedure: To get started, simply pump the fuel primer, set the choke and pull the starter cord. The built-in stop switch allows the user to turn off the engine with a simple press of the button. When the engine is off, the throttle lock automatically returns to the “start" setting. Your power tool will be ready to be started when you're ready to get back to work.
- Convenient throttle/start/run/stop controls built into the handle for easy operation.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- High Tech Polymer Housing: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Tool-Free Handle Adjustment: The central wing nut enables easy adjustment without the use of tools. For transportation and space-saving storage, the handle can be rotated 90°.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator's hand never has to leave the handle.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- Loop Handle (R): Loop handle grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for trimming between bushes and shrubs and other areas where space is limited.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- STIHL Easy2Start™: The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine's compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- Displacement: 27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.8 kW (1.07 bhp)
- Weight*: 4.6 kg (10.1 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 340 cc (11.5 oz.)
- Cutting Swath: 16.5"
- Power Source: Gas
- Engine Type
- 1.07 bhp (0.8 kW)
- 1.66 cu. in. (27.2 cc)
- Cutting Width
- 16.5 in.
- 10.1 lb. (4.6 kg)