2019 Bobcat 3400 Gas
Even for your toughest jobs, the 3400 utility vehicle is a formidable competitor. Built on the foundation of legendary Bobcat toughness, it can tackle your most difficult work too.
A continuously variable transmission (CVT) packs the power you need: quick acceleration and travel speed up to 40 mph* with the optional speed kit. Choose between diesel or gas models with four-wheel drive. The durable suspension system contributes to industry-leading payload and towing capacities.
Customize it with an entire line of accessories that make it uniquely yours. Dozens of cab configurations ensure your machine is outfitted exactly the way you want.
- Industry-Leading Payload: If you’re looking for a hard-working utility vehicle, payload capacity is probably at the top of your list. You can fill the cargo box with just about anything: landscaping materials, tools, hunting gear, gardening supplies, active gear and much more. With payload capacities up to 1,250 lb., you won’t be held back when your work requires the most of your machine.
- Transmission Options: Choose a utility vehicle with the best transmission type to propel you through your work: A quick continuously variable transmission (CVT) or a rock solid hydrostatic transmission for your toughest jobs. Both transmissions offer low and high range operation.
- Four-Wheel Drive: If you’re in four-wheel drive mode and the rear wheels start to lose traction, the front wheels engage to give you enough torque to push through demanding terrain. Three selectable drive modes give you even more versatility: 1. Single-wheel drive allows wheels to turn at different rpm, reducing ground disturbance to protect grass and other finished surfaces 2. Two-wheel mode provides power to both rear wheels 3. All-wheel drive provides the most traction
- Drive Modes: Choose the right drive mode for the conditions including turf (open differential), two-wheel (rear differential locked) or four-wheel (equal torque to both rear wheels). After you stop to lock the differential, you can change from two-wheel mode to four-wheel drive on the fly. You'll maintain your momentum with the flip of a switch.
- Suspension System: You won’t need to sacrifice strength or ground clearance with the front dual A-arm and rear de Dion suspension system. Bobcat® utility vehicles have industry-leading payload and towing capacities, while still managing a smooth ride. Plus, a tall stance gives you greater ground clearance while traveling over uneven terrain. You can fine-tune your ride even further with adjustable shocks. Soften the suspension for lighter loads and maximum comfort or adjust to a firmer setting for heavy payloads.
- Speed Kit: Travel faster around your jobsite or property with adding the optional speed kits. Reach speeds up to 40mph on the 3400 and 3400xl models. When conditions at your site change your vehicle can be speed limited to increments of 25, 30, or 35 mph, depending on Bobcat UTV model.
- Industry-Leading Towing: You can easily pull light-duty trailers through difficult terrain with an industry-leading towing rating of 2,000 lb. Just hook up to the standard 2-in. hitch receiver and go. Haul a trailer with firewood, grass clippings or leaves, landscaping materials, trailered watercraft and much more. The weight of the trailer load is distributed directly to the tires without compressing the suspension, which means you can tow a large load without compromising your ride quality.
- Rugged Tires: You’ll be prepared for just about any kind of situation with standard tires on 3400 and 3400XL utility vehicles. Their deep tread design and 8-ply construction is great for off-road performance. General purpose tires on 3600 and 3650 utility vehicles provide powerful traction in difficult working conditions. Optional hard surface or turf tires are available for unique applications on all models.
- Easy Maintenance: Not only is your Bobcat utility vehicle built tough, it’s designed to minimize the amount of upkeep you have to do. Access the engine compartment quickly to inspect the air filter, check engine oil and perform other regular maintenance tasks. In addition, the fuel tank is conveniently located to make refueling easier.
- Machine Protection: Nobody knows uptime better than Bobcat Company. Front-to-back component protection has been a part of the design of utility vehicles from the start.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (Gas Models): Start smooth and accelerate rapidly with the Bobcat® Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system. EFI helps your utility vehicle start easier in cold weather, since no choke is required. The system adjusts to temperature and altitude changes, giving you optimum performance in varying conditions.
- Liquid Cooling: How valuable is peace of mind? With liquid-cooling and automatic machine shutdown, you’ll get the machine protection required to keep you working without worry. Liquid cooling prevents overheating of critical engine components while automatic machine shutdown keeps your engine safe in the event of a catastrophic failure. Hydraulic fluid cooling is standard on hydrostatic models.
- Glow Plugs (Diesel Models): Cold weather? No problem. On diesel models, the standard-equipped automatic glow plugs turn on and off without input from you. Unlike gasoline engines that rely on spark plugs, diesel engines rely on compression and heat for ignition. When diesel engines are cold, glow plugs pre-heat the engine block and enable easier ignition.
- Composite Cargo Box: No matter what you have to transport, the composite cargo box can handle it. With 15.6 cubic feet of storage space, it’s one of the largest in its class. It also includes multiple tie-down points, an easy-to-open single latch tailgate, standard lift assist for pain-free dumping. A rock solid, one-piece composite material design means it resists dents, scratches, rust and corrosion.
- Integrated Accessory System: Extend your capabilities with accessories that are made to fit perfectly to your utility vehicle. For convenience without tools, many accessories easily attach to the cargo box with a simple expansion anchor. Attach a cargo box divider or cab rack to configure your load the way you want it. Add a chainsaw or tool mount for easy access while completing jobs on your property.
- Lights, Signals, and Alarms: Help others stay aware of your vehicle with optional features, including front/rear work lights, turn signals, strobe lights and a backup alarm.
- Integrated Snow Blade: Get back to the winter activities you enjoy by plowing through the one’s you don’t. Available on 3400, 3400XL and 3600 models, the 72 in. snow blade is integrated right into the machine and cylinders are used to lift it up and down. With a 20 in. height, two trip springs for protection and a replaceable cutting edge, it makes snow clearing easy.
- Accessories: Make your Bobcat® utility vehicle your own. Customize it with a wide variety of accessories and options to fit the way you work.
- Modular Cab System: No matter what kind of weather you find yourself surrounded by, you’ll be prepared with the modular cab. It’s an exclusive cab system that gives you the power to pick the best configuration for your working conditions. Just choose the components you need and leave off the rest. The possibilities for configuration are endless.
- Dash Display: With just a glace, you’ll get all the operation information you need. An intuitively designed dash puts key operation information right in front of you. The advanced digital display shows speed, machine hours, service codes and engine rpm. Indicator lights let you see quickly if the parking brake is engaged or if the vehicle is in high, low, neutral or park.
- Heat and Air-Conditioning: No matter the season, you will stay comfortable inside the optional factory-installed cab equipped with heat and air conditioning on 3600 and 3650 models. Other models can be fitted with dealer-installed heat. Eight air vents provide continuous air movement around the cab. An optional dash defrost kit clears iced-over windows even faster.
- Comfortable Cab: From the moment you step into a Bobcat® UTV, you’ll find unexpected comfort everywhere you look. Standard features like rear-hinged doors, tilt and power steering, seat belts, and two 12-volt plugins bring the usual comforts of an automobile to a utility vehicle. Further extend your comfort with optional features like heat, air conditioning and a radio system.
- Operator-Friendly Controls: From the moment you step into a Bobcat® UTV, you’ll find uncomplicated controls that placed exactly where you expect them. Standard features like power steering make operating utility vehicles similar to an automobile. Other controls are ergonomically-shaped and fit your hands naturally.
- Engine Cooling: Liquid
- Engine Fuel: Gasoline
- Horsepower: 40 hp (29.8 kW)
- Displacement: 35 in.³ (570 cm³)
- Operating Weight: 1,640 lb. (744 kg)
- Travel Speed: 35 mph (56.3 km/h)
- Travel Speed - Max: 40 mph (64.4 km/h)
- Travel Speed - Low: 16 mph (25.7 km/h)
- Travel Speed - Reverse: 16 mph (25.7 km/h)
- Fuel Tank: 10 gal. (38 L)
- Cargo Box Bed Load Capacity: 1,250 lb. (567 kg)
- Cargo Box Length: 43.5 in. (1105 mm)
- Cargo Box Width: 54 in. (1372 mm)
- Cargo Box Height: 11.5 in. (292 mm)
- Cargo Box Bed Load Height: 33 in. (838 mm)
- Total Vehicle Rated Capacity: 1,900 lb. (862 kg)
- Length: 122.2 in. (3104 mm)
- Width: 64 in. (1626 mm)
- Height: 74 in. (1880 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 10 in. (254 mm)
- Turning Radius: 90 in. (2286 mm)
- Wheelbase: 84 in. (2134 mm)
- Front and Rear Work Lights: Optional
- Operating Lights: Standard
- Cab Enclosure: Optional
- Washer/Wiper (Front Rear and Roof): Optional
- Bed Lift: Manual
- Cab Heater: Optional
- Tilt Steering Wheel: Standard
- Spark Arrestor Muffler: Standard
- Engine Type
- 35 in.³ (570 cm³)
- Ground Clearance
- 10 in. (254 mm)
- 84 in. (2134 mm)
- Box Capacity
- 1,250 lb. (567 kg)
- Dry Weight
- Operating Weight: 1,640 lb. (744 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 10 gal. (38 L)